Garden Links for 25 August 2011
We read the botanical web so you don’t have to. In this edition: Dahlia deception, Ficus bridges, an albino plant, and more.
- Greensparrow Gardens: Lying to plants
Tricking a Dahlia into flowering by giving it a little premature trashcan darkness. Now that’s dedication.
- Ficus elastica gets the full PATSP treatment.
Did you know that rubber trees can make bridges as living trees? Totally rad.
- Phyteclub: Indian Pipe: Not for Smoking
Heather once asked me if there were plants that had no chlorophyll. Turns out, the answer is yes.
- Succulent Garden’s Summer Care for Succulents
This post’s a few weeks old, but then, San Francisco has barely had any summer yet, so it’s on time for me.
- Far Out Flora Shin-Ding
Got plans this Saturday? We’re having a little gathering over at Far Out Flora Gardens. Join us!
- Our little Plantbombing post has taken off this week. Thanks to Laughing Squid, TreeHugger, Offbeat home, and Craft Magazine for the mentions!