The Plantgasm Response Guidelines
Before you comment, I’d like to ask you to keep a few guidelines in mind.
- This is a personal site, run by a person. As a person, I reserve the right to be imperfect, wrong, and generally weird.
- Don’t be a dick. There are ways to educate people without making them feel bad. If you don’t know how to do that, maybe you shouldn’t try to educate anyone.
- Responses, not comments. I’m calling them “responses” instead of “comments” because I’d like you to actually respond to the topic at hand, not just add a comment. It’s a subtle but important difference.
- Great responses add context, information, or relevant personal experiences to the post. Bad responses just take up space. When you’re posting, ask yourself, “Is this adding something?” If not, don’t post. Hint: One-word responses never add much.
- Be nice to each other. There are plenty of places online to be a jerk. This isn’t one of them.
- All comments will be moderated. That means I’m going to pick which ones appear on the site. The only site that you have a right to post on is your own site. If that’s not okay with you, don’t post here.
- No ads. Don’t comment to solely promote your site or your business. If you want me to review something, just ask.
- This is a work in progress. I’ll update these guidelines over time.
Sorry if all this seems overly officious. I’ve just learned the hard way to be cautious when it comes to enabling community features online.
This site is a part of the joy of gardening for me. I’m sharing it with you because joy shared is better than joy hoarded. Thank you for sharing a bit of your gardening joy with me.